I love challenges. I don’t know if it is because I never participated in sports as a child and never felt the thrill of a win but now, as an adult, I love doing things that I can “win” at. That’s kinda sad now that I read it! LOL Well, whatever the reason, I am really excited to participate in this one and get started on January 1, 2016!
This challenge is hosted by Bev at My Reader’s Block.
The Color Coded Challenge seems to be as popular as ever, so we’re going to give it another go. Once again the categories will be more open–the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For “implies color” the image implying color should dominate the cover–for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter.
Here are the rules:
*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with “Blue” or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
2. A book with “Red” or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
3. A book with “Yellow” or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with “Green” or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
5. A book with “Brown” or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with “Black” or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
7. A book with “White” or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc)in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2016 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
Come join us for this great challenge! You can find the sign up over at My Reader’s Block.
I hope to see you there!